Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Updates Galore & some good news for me!

Good evening friends and fans,
I finally finished getting ALL the latest pictures uploaded to both the main cigar site and the adult and members sections.
I also have added more options for memberships and an easier to navigate donation/wishlist section and made minor adjustments in the gallery layouts to make them more asthetically pleasing.

Heh.. And now as soon as I finish posting this and a couple more posts, I'm going to go and work on a wand I'm making for some friends' wedding and smoke one of the Torcedors I got recently.
I really love these cigars! I got one in a sampler some years ago and thought it was GREAT, so I went to get myself a box of them and discovered, much to my dismay, that no one seemed to have even HEARD of them, let alone carried them. After months of searching, I finally found one store who could get them and the owner ( a very nice lady) ordered them and kept them in stock for me.
Unfortunately, shortly after a certain very high ranking official of my country got "elected" (NOT! Try "selected", but that's an entire seperate rant!) and the economy went down the toilet, her shop went the way of thousands of small, local, family owned/operated businesses. At least I only lost my local cigar supply and a nice lounge to share a smoke in. She lost nearly everything.
Anyway, fast forward a couple years to just last month...
I wanted a couple of specific cigars that I couldn't afford an entire box of, so I popped into a nearby smoke shop that I hedn't been in before. Great prices, decent selection, and more than willing to haggle and make deals (another favorite pastime of mine). I got to talking with the proprietor and then thought to ask if they had ever heard of Torcedor cigars. He hadn't, but he pulled out his humungous catalog and looked it up. Not only did he order them for me the very next morning and call me personally when they came in, but he is charging me about half the price that the previous place was for them.
Now I have found a coupleace online that I can get them too, so I am very happy! For those interested, these smokes are nice and medium to full bodied, very satisfying smokes and only about $2 a stick for the Churchill size! I encourage trying one. It isn't that often that you find a smoke that outshines or at least rivals many of the more expensive brands at such a great bargain.

No comments: